Veteran Care’s mission is to educate and inform Veterans, Dependents and Family Members about the benefits of the path in a skilled labor trade and assist them through education, training, pre-apprenticeships, full registered apprenticeships, nationally recognized certifications, job and career placement.
We are a very unique employment agency. We service several industries but specialize in staffing and recruiting for the building and construction industry. Our model is very different from standard employment agencies.
We don’t just match candidates with employers, we create the new generation of skilled trade professionals for employers through education, training, pre-apprenticeships and full registered apprenticeships with local, regional and national employers who have a high demand for skilled trade professional in all types of industries.
Our approach saves businesses TIME & MONEY and increases productivity, taking any business to the NEXT LEVEL.
Our state of the art, comprehensive model provides a solid alternative for participants in job seeking and hiring processes. The platform we have created integrates new and existing programs to include the crucial foundation of intensive Cognitive Behavior Training (CBT), nationally certified academic and practical on the job training through pre-apprenticeships, full registered apprenticeships and career placements with motivated employers seeking certified skilled trade professionals. This combination is making an immediate and significant impact on participants, employers and the community by reducing unemployment and the rate of recidivism dramatically.
VETERAN CARE’S DIFFERENCE
- Our model works. It’s that simple. We have created a success formula for both apprentices and employers that fill the void in high demand skilled careers.
- Our PACT and Full Registered Apprenticeship Programs are certified through The Department of Labor.
- Our PACT and Full Registered Apprenticeship Programs are recognized nationally.
- Our holistic approach integrates CBT Coaches who teach our invaluable soft, life and work essential skills that help our apprentices in making good decisions, develop excellent work etiquette and learn to become valued employees.
- Our team of coaches include: skilled tradesmen and professionals in each program we offer as well as experienced CBT coaches. They work together to support apprentices and employers during the on the job training to ensure the participants gain skills, develop experience in their trade and become a productive part of their employer’s team.
- Our programs offer certificates beyond the basics to include safety certificates, making our apprentices more valuable in the workplace.
- Our support resources extend beyond the classroom and on the job training to include online resources, community assistance resources, scholarships and fundraisers.
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR APPROVED AND CERTIFIED
Our programs are certified through the DOL (Department of Labor), The HBI (Home Builders Institute) and recognized by the DOL, THE NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) nationally.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HOME BUILDERS / HBI & PACT
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and their non-profit counterpart The Home Builders Institute’s (HBI) PACT Programs are the foundation programs in which Veteran Care and its partner organizations are built on. The commitment of the HBI’s PACT Programs to train and certify tomorrow’s tradesmen has led to the creation of many Pre-Apprenticeship Programs designed to specifically support business owners in the building and construction industry.
Apprenticeship Carolina, a division of the SC College System works to ensure that all employers in South Carolina have access to the information and technical assistance they need to create demand-driven registered apprenticeship programs.
Apprenticeship Carolina has guided us through the registered apprenticeship development process for many of our pre-and full apprenticeships from start to finish having them fully recognized in the National Registered Apprenticeship System. We are very fortunate as South Carolina is 1 of only 3 States in the country to offer employers this service.
In March 2019 we became the first entity / training provider in the USA approved by the DOL (Department of Labor) to manage, operate, control and facilitate apprenticeships for employers. Up until March 2019, businesses / corporations were mandated by the DOL to manage, control, operate and facilitate their own apprenticeships.
IN AIKEN, SC
From Left to Right
Reverend Paul Bush, Dr. Steven Simmons – Dean of Business at Aiken Tech College, Colin Slaven – President and Founder of 327 University, 327 Careers, 327 Career Center, Second Chance Job Center, Inmate Care and Veteran Care, Pat Keating – Director of Adult Education, Neil Heyside – CEO of Neil Heyside Associates, Tom Wyatt – Entrepreneur, Weldon Wyatt – Entrepreneur, Reverend Doug Slaughter, Lessie Price – Aiken City Council, Captain Nick Gallam – Aiken Detention Center, Deborah Reese – 327 Careers Executive Director, Melinda Hernandez – Eckerd Connects, Charles Barranco – Aiken County Chief of Police, Robert Crenshaw – Apprenticeship South Carolina.
VETERAN CARE IS A PROUD PARTNER OF 327 UNIVERSITY AND SERVES AS THE RECRUITMENT, TRAINING AND PLACEMENT CENTER FOR Veterans:
• High School Graduates
• College / Technical School Students
• Current Tradesmen / Women Seeking to Further Their Education and Certifications
• Incumbent Workers
• Dislocated Workers
• Re-Entering Citizens
The objective / mission is the same for all organizations and that is to educate and inform all about the benefits of the path in a skilled labor trade and assist students through education, training, pre-apprenticeships, full registered apprenticeships and ultimately achieve the goal of receiving a nationally recognized certification.
are our Employer / Staffing Agency Partners who place our students with local employer partners in the areas we serve for the on the job paid practical training portion of our apprenticeship programs.
Please visit the sites below to learn more about each organization:
Help Support Veteran Care’s Efforts
Our belief is that it takes a village to make a difference. There are so many opportunities to support Veteran Care including volunteering, teaching, donating and fundraising.
Please contact us directly to inquire.